Internet IP Routing

Post by Luiz de Barros O. Ne » Sun, 08 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I am planning to install a PC running linux 1.2.1 as a network gateway of
a small unix network of PC's that are connected using ethernet boards running
TCP/IP to an internet provider though a 64K slip Line.
Is it a good idea to use one of the machines to make the IP routing or it
would slow down the network performance?
Do i have to buy a dedicated Router to do this?

Luiz de Barros

1. Internet IP Routing

I am planning to install a PC running linux 1.2.1 as a network gateway of
a small unix network of PC's that are connected using ethernet boards running
TCP/IP to an internet provider though a 64K slip Line.
Is it a good idea to use one of the machines to make the IP routing or it
would slow down the network performance?
Do i have to buy a dedicated Router to do this?

Luiz de Barros

2. Kppp & setting speaker volume forever...

3. How to Route all Internet traffic through another Internet ip

4. P: No ftp to Linux system after using NIS

5. ip-routing / maquerading / dual internet gateway

6. Voodoo3, How? What? etc

7. IP HELP PLEASE: Source Routing, Multiple Internet Connections, NAT, Firewalls, and NO DMZ

8. max users

9. Routing Redundant Internet Connections Using IP Masquerading

10. routing the internet with one static IP

11. Routing IP through two Servers to the Internet

12. Routing IP traffic to Internet

13. 3 nic -s, 1 lan, 2 internet connections, ip based routing and gateway problems.