550 relaying denied: How to get SMTP auth. for friends

550 relaying denied: How to get SMTP auth. for friends

Post by Harald Hoeller » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

does anybody know how I can get SMTP access to my mailserver from
the internet.
The intention is that I've sometimes access to the internet via
different internet-by-call providers and I want to use my own
mailserver to send or receive Emails.
Receiving Emails is not a problem. It works well with POP3.
But when I try to send a Email through my server, I get a error
message (550 relaying denied).

Do I have the possibility to give special email addresses access
to my mailserver or is it only possible to give whole subnets access
to my mailserver?
So I would have to enter all possible IP-adresses of the different
internet-by-call providers to my access.db file.

Thanks in advance,
Harald
Harald Hoellerl                   Lucent Technologies, ONG, Dept. LB47
Thurn-und-Taxis Str. 10, 90411 Nuernberg, Germany

Post by Andrzej Fili » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> does anybody know how I can get SMTP access to my mailserver from
> the internet.
> The intention is that I've sometimes access to the internet via
> different internet-by-call providers and I want to use my own
> mailserver to send or receive Emails.
> Receiving Emails is not a problem. It works well with POP3.
> But when I try to send a Email through my server, I get a error
> message (550 relaying denied).

> Do I have the possibility to give special email addresses access
> to my mailserver or is it only possible to give whole subnets access
> to my mailserver?
> So I would have to enter all possible IP-adresses of the different
> internet-by-call providers to my access.db file.

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/chk-rctp5.html
Relay control in sendmail 8.8,9 for roaming users
Last Update 1999-11-06
News (1999-10-22): sendmail 8.10 implements SMTP AUTH which
allows users to authenticate themselves and subsequently turn
on relaying for them without requiring any of the "hacks"
listed below.

--
Andrzej (Andrew) A. Filip - Warsaw, Poland | http://bigfoot.com/~anfi

Postings: http://deja.com/profile.xp?author=Andrzej%20Filip
Available 2000-04-01

1. Error 550: Relaying denied (Newbie)

Hi all,

I am setting up an SMTP/POP3 server :

sendmail 8.2
FreeBSD 3.3
BIND 8.1.2
popper (latest)
POP3 client (Eudora)

I can send/recieve messages to both local and outside addresses from the

sendmail host.

I can recieve my messages on an another host using POP3 client (Eudora)
but I get an error from popper: "Unable to get canonical name of client,

err=0". I already have an A record for this client in my zone file. What

else do I need here?

However when I try to send message (to an address outside our domain)
from the other host, I get "Relaying denied (550)" error message. I have

added my domain to the /etc/mail/relay-domains file. I have also added
my domain to the /etc/sendmail.cw file. Can someone give me correct
pointers to get rid of this relaying error?

TIA,
Nitin.

2. 2GB Jaz drive on Solaris 2.6?

3. SuSE 7.0 - Sendmail Error - 550 5.7.1 Relaying Denied

4. Red Hat 7.1: Unistalling Software

5. relaying mail between smtp servers and auth

6. configuring syslog

7. MX cannot relay mail to a particular SMTP AUTH server

8. linking mystery (to me)

9. Sendmail Problem Reject=550; relaying not allowed

10. "Relaying denied"? when smtp emails

11. relaying denied (SMTP)

12. Sendmail smtp-relaying/forwarding denied v8.10.2