ipchains forwarding to internal mail server

ipchains forwarding to internal mail server

Post by sky.. » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Recently, I added an internal mail server to m network.  I am trying to
allow my firewall to accept/forward mail to my internal mail server.  I
know that there is a way to do this without running a sendmail daemon
on the firewall.  I am using IPchains.  Any help would be great.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ipchains forwarding to internal mail server

Post by Jaso » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

check out www.cyborgworkshop.com/ipchains.html

I have a quick little blurb on there on how to do this.

                    Jason
    www.cyborgworkshop.com
...and the geek shall inherit the earth...

Post by John » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> Recently, I added an internal mail server to m network.  I am trying to
> allow my firewall to accept/forward mail to my internal mail server.  I
> know that there is a way to do this without running a sendmail daemon
> on the firewall.  I am using IPchains.  Any help would be great.

ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L (external ip) 110 -R (internal mail server ip)
110
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L (external ip) 25 -R (internal mail server ip)
25

This will forward packets from pop3 and smtp ports to mail server. You could
even set up a second alias ip on the firewall and have the packets
redirected from there so it looks as if it is a seperate machine.

Post by Martin Schapendon » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L (external ip) 110 -R (internal mail server ip)
> 110
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P udp -L (external ip) 25 -R (internal mail server ip)
> 25
> This will forward packets from pop3 and smtp ports to mail server. You could
> even set up a second alias ip on the firewall and have the packets
> redirected from there so it looks as if it is a seperate machine.

Looks to me it should be "tcp" instead of "udp".

Martin

--

  Student Information Management and Technology at Tilburg University
  WEBMaster of the Students-WWW-server stuwww.kub.nl / PGP on request

1. IP Masq/IP Chains Question (forwarding smtp to 'internal' mail server...)

Hey all.

I was just wondering if this were possible:

I have my cheapo, old Linux box handling ip masq for my internal network (I
have a cable modem).  This works fine.  But, can I have the IP Masq. box
forward all incoming port 25 and 110 to say port 25 and 110 on an internal
IP?  (192.168.0.3)  This way I could practice a few mail servers on the
inside without having to do it on the 'external' machine.

Just curious and hopeful.

Chris

2. Help with agetty running different login program

3. Use IPCHAINS to forward ext. port 80 to internal addy?

4. NTP setup - additional time source

5. After rebooting sendmail servers, internal servers must fully qualify for mail

6. What's better about Redhat 5.2 than it's (RH) pred. ???

7. Using "ipchains -P forward DENY" instead of disabling ip-forwarding?

8. Problem with Quake through masquerade

9. IPCHAINS -F (or) IPCHAINS -F input, output, forward

10. IPCHAIN/MASQ routing from Linux to internal email server etc...

11. ipmasqadm ipchains where? for internal web server???

12. IPCHAINS and internal web server...

13. port forwarding www to internal server