Setting up a VPN server for Linux clients in Debian

Setting up a VPN server for Linux clients in Debian

Post by OL/2 » Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:20:36

Hi everyone,

I would like to set up a VPN server on my Linux box so that Windows 2000/XP
clients can connect to my LAN, and access shares on Windows machines on this
network.

I have seen so many different ways of setting up VPNs, that I'm really not
sure which route to take. I tried setting up poptop, but I had trouble
getting clients to connected.

Can anyone recommend a particular way of setting up a VPN that is hopefully
secure, and Debian-friendly? If it's easy to install and configure, even
better.

thanks!

Your best bet is probably OpenVPN at http://openvpn.sf.net/

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer
GPG fingerprint = 6174 1257 129E 0D21 D8D4  E8A3 8E39 29E3 E2E8 8CEC

1. Any VPN client for RH linux to connect to office VPN server (Sonicwall)

Guys:

We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN client
installed on Windows PC, no problem to login to office machines, But I
need to access remotely from RH Linux PC, any VPN client available
which can connect to Sonic wall VPN server (I need to install that VPN
client on Linux PC)?. This way I can check-out my code into Linux
machine, which I can compile locally than always telnet/ssh from
windows machine which is very slow. Thanks in advance.

GS

2. Newbie question: sed command

3. LINUX VPN client to Microsoft VPN Server

4. SLIP on X86

5. PopTop VPN Server can see Win98 client but client can't see server

6. Power Management Problem?

7. VPN connection - Debian pptpd server with win2k client

8. LP Printing to BSD

9. VPN client in Solaris connecting to WIN2000 VPN server?

10. VPN client behind Debian Linux router

11. Please Help me set up a vpn server to ms client

12. Linux vpn & cisco vpn client

13. many many pptp vpn clients through debian fw/NAT