How can I print???

Post by Steven Brook » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I can't print by using "lpr".
> If I try to print by "lpr" (ex. $lpr somefile),
> LINUX show me the following message.........
> lpr: connect: No such file or directory
> jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
> Mmm... but I can print by redirection.

> $ cat somefile > /dev/lp1

It looks like you don't have `lpd' running.  `lpr' is a simple program
that tells `lpd' to print your file -- it doesn't actually print anything
itself.

As root, run `setup' and go into the `ntsysv' option.  Make sure that the
`lpd' program is checked.

Steven

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Advice sought

3. problem starting X

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. Colormap warning ...

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. Solaris 7 x86 Headless Server Setup

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING -- HELP PRINTING