SVGAlib problem with S3 Trio64

Post by lally sing » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello All!
        I've been using Linux for about three years now, but ever since Redhat
3.0.3 I've been having a bad problem with any of the SVGAlib based
games.  Basically, I can play the game and so forth.  But, they won't
properly restore the console when they exit.  Usually, if I have X
running on another VT, it will*that up too.  Then it's the good
ol' Ctrl-Alt-Delete to fix it.

        Anyone know how to configure svgalib to fix this?

Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

(202) 767-6006               *
*****************************************************************/

Post by Phil Ro » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Anyone know how to configure svgalib to fix this?

        Make sure you are using svgalib-1.2.10.   Previous versions had a
known bug that would not restore the console when returning back to text
mode (with Trio64 based cards at least).

                                                        -Phil

Post by Toni » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hello All!
>         I've been using Linux for about three years now, but ever since Redhat
> 3.0.3 I've been having a bad problem with any of the SVGAlib based
> games.  Basically, I can play the game and so forth.  But, they won't
> properly restore the console when they exit.  Usually, if I have X
> running on another VT, it will*that up too.  Then it's the good
> ol' Ctrl-Alt-Delete to fix it.

>         Anyone know how to configure svgalib to fix this?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated...

> --
> Lally Singh                  * Naval Research Lab

> (202) 767-6006               *
> *****************************************************************/

You need SVGA lib version 1.2.10, that contains some support for Trio
chips. Get it from sunsite or ts-x11.

--

        Too tired for another original signature...

1. Problem with S3 Trio64 & svgalib

hi,

I'm having trouble with my WinFast 240 card and svgalib / dosemu.
(PCI card with S3 Trio64 chip)

Basically the problem is that it doesn't always properly restore
the video mode, and I end up with a blank screen. The only way to
get it back is to reboot. However X doesn't works great. I think
it's not properly restoring all the registers. Has anyone had this
problem before, or have any suggestions.  I'm using svgalib 1.2.10 and
dosemu 0.60.4

thanks,
  Tony

2. Search informations on mitsumi driver

3. svgalib 1.26, S3 Trio64: cannot restore text mode

4. Simple AWK question.....

5. svgalib with S3 Trio64

6. Samba Networking

7. Recommending S3-Trio64 over S3-864?

8. netware gateway (ipx to ip) software

9. Xf86: with a S3 trio64 v+ (s3 86c765) card: Anyone successful?

10. S3 S3 S3 X X X S3 S3 S3

11. S3 Trio64 - 16 bpp problem

12. xf86config problem with Diamond Steslth 64 DRAM S3-Trio64 card

13. Q: S3 Trio64 UV+ problem