Reinstall LILO

Post by Michael Feinstei » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hey,
I had LILO to boot Windows'95 and Linux.
Due to some problem I had to reinstall Windows'95, and now my LILO is
gone, and Windows always boots :(
To make matter worth I don't have boot floppy disk.
I do have Linux CD however.
What should I do to install LILO again ?

Reinstall LILO

Post by Alexis Bilodea » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

First, next time, make a boot disk!  : )
You can try typing "rescue" at the boot: prompt when you boot from de CD.
(if your CD is bootable).
If it doesn't work, you should be able to get a boot disk image on the
Slackware CD site and write it to a disk using "rawrite" or "rawrite2"
(situated in the "dosutils" directory")

Quote:> Hey,
> I had LILO to boot Windows'95 and Linux.
> Due to some problem I had to reinstall Windows'95, and now my LILO is
> gone, and Windows always boots :(
> To make matter worth I don't have boot floppy disk.
> I do have Linux CD however.
> What should I do to install LILO again ?

1. reinstalling lilo

Hi !

I was reinstalling win95 in addition to Linux (Caldera).
win95 overwrote the bootsector so lilo doesn't appear anymore at the
bootup.

How can I get Lilo to run without making a complete new installation
and new kernel ?
(When I run the boot/ram disks and push alt-f2 and try to start
lilo -C the file cannot be found.)

Thanks a lot !

  Marc Lustig

2. - AntiTrust comes out this Friday!

3. Reinstalling LILO

4. Home Network -> Dial-up ISDN, How?

5. Reinstalling LILO help!

6. Problems with sunsite?

7. Newbie Help - Reinstalling LILO

8. connecting redhat thru' cable modem

9. How to reinstall LILO after reformat of main HD?

10. How to reinstall LILO?

11. Reinstall LILO

12. How to reinstall LILO

13. Reinstall LILO on MBR - How?