xwindow problem

Post by Crypt » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed red hat v4.1

I have a cirrus logic 5446 and used XConfigurator.
Everything is ok except that I can not use more than 256 colours.

(--) SVGA: clgd5446 Using BitBLT engine
SVGA : linear addressing is required for 16 bpp

  *** A configured device found, but display modes could not be resolved

Fatal server error:
 no screens found
-X11TransSocketUnixConnect: can... errno=111

Mail me if you have a solution.

Thanks,
Boris.

xwindow problem

Post by Jacek Pliszk » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

> I have installed red hat v4.1

> I have a cirrus logic 5446 and used XConfigurator.
> Everything is ok except that I can not use more than 256 colours.

> (--) SVGA: clgd5446 Using BitBLT engine
> SVGA : linear addressing is required for 16 bpp

>   *** A configured device found, but display modes could not be resolved

RTFM. Older Cirrus Logic cards in order to have more
than 8bpp have to work in linear mode. You may switch
them in that mode in your XF86Config providing you have
less than 16MB RAM. For more info - read the XFree86
documentation in the place given in /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

Regards,

Jacek Pliszka

1. Big Xwindows Problem

Every time i exit X windows my system freezes and my screen turns black. The
system isn't responding at all not even when i try to kill the server with
Ctrl - Alt - Backspace.
I had some problems with my vid card(diamond stealth II s220)
but i've upgrades to the new XFree86 (almost the whole package)
In this new version my card is support by the XF_SVGA server.

I'm running Redhat Linux 5.2 on a Pentium 166 MMX
64 MB SDRAM
1.2 GB Western Digital   (LINUX)
6.4 GB Quantum              (WIN 95)

Can someone help me.

thnx

Peter van der Werff

2. midi port on SB16

3. XWindows Problem

4. Install Notes for Solaris2.5 on Intel

5. Xwindow problem

6. I hope linux fans don't overpromote linux

7. gpm and Xwindows problem

8. xinit error on AIX 3.2.5

9. Xwindows problem with SiS6326 with LCD monitor

10. Help Xwindows Problem !!

11. Xwindows problem(complete newbie)

12. Xwindows problem.. Need help!

13. Xwindows problem