Setting ports + CDE24 drivers

Post by Chris Anders » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Ok, I am curious to all this so here goes...

I want to be able to build and play-test a MUD (Circle-MUD) on my system, and i need to know how to
telnet to my own system using the ports.. I know that somehow this can be done,  but I am at a loss..

I can telnet to my own system, but when I want to set a port, it won't let me...

arg...

Anyone know how to write device drivers?  I need to get a non-standard CD-ROM to work....

It uses a cde24 driver in DOS, and it runs off of my SoundBlaster at the following addresses and this is all
part of my config.sys and autoexec in DOS.
devicehigh  cde24.sys /d:mscd001 /:230
c:\dos\mscdex.exe /d:mscd001

It supposedly runs at 230h, and I am not sure the IRQ #...

If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated....

Chris

This has been an emergency broadcast by yours truly,  if it had been a real emergency, we all would have been dead by now, and you wouldn't hear this message.

Chris