Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

Post by GIN-New » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

I had install my Linux on my second HD (slave). I change the HD to a bigger
one. When I took the old HD out and put it into another PC (run window) the
system can't find my HD (maybe because I had make the HD into ext format).
Can anyone tell me who I can make the window find the HD?

Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

Post by Elder V. Cost » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Run Linux fdisk and delete Linux partition(s). Then use Windows fdisk to
create a Windows readable partition. Two ways to do it. Install the HD
you want to remove ext2 partition from in the machine you have Linux,
boot it and run fdisk. Or use the Linux install diskete and go as if you
were going to install it. When it asks about partitioning, choose fdisk
and erase the partitions. Just be careful not to erase the wrong
partitions.

Regards

> Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

> I had install my Linux on my second HD (slave). I change the HD to a bigger
> one. When I took the old HD out and put it into another PC (run window) the
> system can't find my HD (maybe because I had make the HD into ext format).
> Can anyone tell me who I can make the window find the HD?

1. Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

Hard Disk problem- can't change the ext format back to fat format!

I had install my Linux on my second HD (slave). I change the HD to a bigger
one. When I took the old HD out and put it into another PC (run window) the
system can't find my HD (maybe because I had make the HD into ext format).
Can anyone tell me who I can make the window find the HD?

2. Multiport nic cards

3. SLS's a2-disk - DOS-formatted or raw-formatted??

4. more LANS over a F80

5. can't format a dos-formatted floppy disk

6. install solaris x86 by jumpstart

7. Can't mount MO disk FAT formatted

8. Finding a monitoing program.

9. 'Invalid Format' - New Hard disk (Newbie!)

10. How do you 'format' a Linux hard disk partition?

11. Format Hard Drive to FAT

12. Howto change files in Dos format to Linux format

13. format.dat or "format" info for hp c2490a-300 disk