CD-ROM used in setup not recognized any more.

CD-ROM used in setup not recognized any more.

Post by Stephen Cha » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed RedHat 4.0 without any problems from my
Chinon SCSI CD-ROM (Model 535).  But now during linux
bootup, I see the following message:

     scsi:0 hosts
     aha152x initialization failed

Thus, I am not surprised when Xcdplay failed to run.  Does
that mean i will have to recompile the kernal?  I have
never done it before, and the word recompile gives me the
chill.  As a result, I am hoping that is not what needs to
be done here.  But if that is what is called for, what do I
have to watch out for?  Can I save the current kernel?

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Stephen Chai

CD-ROM used in setup not recognized any more.

Post by John Gn » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

says...

>I have installed RedHat 4.0 without any problems from my
>Chinon SCSI CD-ROM (Model 535).  But now during linux
>bootup, I see the following message:
>Please help me out.

>Thanks in advance

>Stephen Chai

I had a similar problem. The problem I had was with the SCSI on a
soundblaster card. Aparently, there is no auto detect on this card. I had two
solutions. One was to boot LILO and pass parameters to aha252x which worked
but was a lot of work for every boot. The second was to get the parameters in
the kernal. To do this I made entries in the Makefile for the SCSI directory
that would pass the parameters to the compile. Hope this helps

John Gnew

1. Help: My cd-rom does not recognize audio cd

I am running solaris 2.4 x86 on Pentium 90 w/32 mb or RAM.  I just
downloaded and installed Workman cd player.  My cd-rom works fine with
regular cd's but when I put in Music cd, it gives this error message.

                 Error for command 'read(10)'  Error level:Fatal
             Requested Block 0, Error Block:0
             Sense Key: Blank Check
             Vendor 'Toshiba':
             ASC=0x64 (illegal mode for this track), ASCQ=0x0, FRU=0x0

I have Toshiba quad speed connected to Sound Blaster 16 scsi2 card.
Someone suggested that I disable volume manager.  So I tried running
workman with volume manager off.  Workman would rung but there is no
sound and gives the same error message in command tool window.

Thanks in advance.

2. building JWS1.1.3 Major Problems.

3. Help: My cd-rom does not recognize audio cd.

4. USB problem - Mass storage device

5. CD-ROM device recognized, but not the CD format

6. Server/Workgroup/Desktop

7. IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM and Que/CD-ROM setup

8. Port 1025???

9. Cannot Read From/Recognize IDE CD-Rom for Setup; Jumper Settings?

10. Help! Setup cant recognize MATSUSHITA CD-ROM Drive

11. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

12. Problems with IDE CD-ROM - not recognised at boot time

13. Mitsumi CD-ROM not recognised...