newbie question!

Post by zzon » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Where can I download linux 5.1 os??
I can find about everything but the OS
I realy want to give it a try, my 186 under dos performs faster then
my 350 Mhz under windows!

Thamks Ed.

newbie question!

Post by bklima » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Where can I download linux 5.1 os??
> I can find about everything but the OS
> I realy want to give it a try, my 186 under dos performs faster then
> my 350 Mhz under windows!

> Thamks Ed.

You might want to have a look at:

http://www.magma.ca/~bklimas/before_installation.htm#download

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Stan

newbie question!

Post by zzon » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>> Where can I download linux 5.1 os??
>> I can find about everything but the OS
>> I realy want to give it a try, my 186 under dos performs faster
then
>> my 350 Mhz under windows!

>> Thamks Ed.

>You might want to have a look at:

>http://www.magma.ca/~bklimas/before_installation.htm#download

>Hope this helps. Best regards,

>Stan

What's wrong with these people? the advise on how to download is don't
download it, buy a CD.
Can anyone tell me were I can download it.

Thanks anyway Stan.

Ed

newbie question!

Post by Troy Davidso » Mon, 22 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Here is a list of sites you can download Linux from.

http://www.linux.org/dist/ftp.html

It is easier to work with it on disk, like the other poster directed you to,
but that's for you to decide.  I hope those sites will help you out.

>Where can I download linux 5.1 os??
>I can find about everything but the OS
>I realy want to give it a try, my 186 under dos performs faster then
>my 350 Mhz under windows!

>Thamks Ed.

newbie question!

Post by zzon » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Here is a list of sites you can download Linux from.

>http://www.linux.org/dist/ftp.html

Thanks for your help, none of them is accessible for me??
Give me only one which is working.

Thanks Ed.

newbie question!

Post by Jim Gree » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Try http://www.linuxberg.com  They've got beaucoup mirrors and almost any
> distribution you want, including RedHat 5.1 and 5.2

> For more Linux links, linux info, linux sites, try http://www.emuse.net
> That's a portal site I put up for my day-to-day work in Linux.

> By the way, what's a 186? An 8086?

> Good luck,

Let's hope it is not the (relatively) shortlived 80186.  Shudder...

Jim

newbie question!

Post by zzon » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> > Try http://www.linuxberg.com  They've got beaucoup mirrors and
almost any
> > distribution you want, including RedHat 5.1 and 5.2

> > For more Linux links, linux info, linux sites, try

http://www.emuse.net
Quote:> > That's a portal site I put up for my day-to-day work in Linux.

> > By the way, what's a 186? An 8086?

> > Good luck,

> Let's hope it is not the (relatively) shortlived 80186.  Shudder...

> Jim

Got it, I've had some problems with explorer he told me that the
server was down!

thanks to you all, Ed.

1. Newbie (I mean REAL NEWBIE) question

Sorry, I'm not a pc idiot, just completely new to linux. I lurked here
for a day or two and didn't see the answer.

Can I run Windows95 in a Linux RedHat 5.2 shell? This would let me play
Linux but still use my favorite apps. I've set it up to dual boot, but I
want to actually run one or two Win95 sessions in Linux itself.

Someone told me it was possible, but in the 4 days of having RedHat on
my system I can't figure it out...

Sorry for the dumb question.

Nick
--

Nick Smeltzer CNE

2. problems with udp-sockets

3. linux newbie--newbie question follows

4. Seagate ST317221A

5. Newbie question - mailing list, or web site dealing with newbies security in linux?

6. SO_REUSEADDR under TLI

7. NEWBIE.. Extremely Newbie questions.

8. Hercules Graphics Dynamite Power VL Board

9. Newbie Questions (ICEWM Background, ppp question, mem > 64mb)

10. sar Question (probably a newbie question)

11. Netscape configuration question; newbie question.

12. Kernel compile question. (another newbie question)

13. Newbie Question - Supported Hardware Question.