LILO with two Win95 copies of Win95...

Post by Neil Ricke » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>   I have Win95 & Linux RH 5.0 installed on my system. I would like to
>configure LILO so that I can boot up a second copy of Win95 on another
>partition (for experimental purposes). Is this possible with LILO? It
>is not clear to me how to add a second DOS/Win95 boot option in
>lilo.conf. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Yes, this is possible.

Your best bet is to use version 20 of lilo, with the partition
hiding.  A standard FAT partition has type code 06.  You hide it, by
renumbering it as, for example, type 86.  The idea is to hide the
partition you are not booting from.  That way each version of Win95
finds itself on the C: drive (the first unhidden FAT primary
partition).

Post by Henrik Schmiedic » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

   I have Win95 & Linux RH 5.0 installed on my system. I would like to
configure LILO so that I can boot up a second copy of Win95 on another
partition (for experimental purposes). Is this possible with LILO? It
is not clear to me how to add a second DOS/Win95 boot option in
lilo.conf. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

    - henrik

--
Henrik Schmiediche, Dept. of Statistics, Texas A&M, College Station, TX 77843