Change root directory for a user.

Post by Dani Herrer » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Who can I change root directory for an user. (Like anonymous ftp).
--
_____________________

   Daniel Herrera
   BARCELONA
_____________________

1. Changing users <root> directory...

Hello --

I am in the process of setting up an FTP server under RedHat 5.2 running
wu-ftp.

I need to find out how to set-up the ftp server to not allow anonymous
access, and when a registered user logs in I would like his home directory
to also be his root directory.

Also, can a user account be set-up only to allow this type of FTP access and
not allow the user to login in via telnet?

Thanks!

Richard West

2. gs compile error (this time with 2.7.2)

3. How Can I stop ftp users climbing to the root directory from the guest home directory ?

4. Automountd

5. ~user finds ~user/, but doesn't change directory

6. Apache+PHP question

7. NIS+ user management [Was: Re: root changing a user's password (NIS)]

8. on start up sparc hangs on boot device

9. run a non-root user's program from a non-root user

10. changing the /root directory location

11. Changing root directory, then use vipw

12. Changing root directory in telnet

13. home directory changed to uid/gid root