services? which ones?

Post by G Thomas Brow » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

How do I find out what services there are to run? There is one during
startup that syas "starting amd" and  this one takes awhile to load or
start or whatever.  I just loaded installed RedHat 5.2 so I'm pretty
sure I'm loading many things I don't need. Can anyone tell me how to
identify which ones I need (what am I using now and what do they do?)
and how to get rid of the ones I don't? Thanks.

-G Thomas

services? which ones?

Post by David Kirkpatric » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

In Control Pannel, Run Level editor find amd and stop it from
running.

--

services? which ones?

Post by G Thomas Brow » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Will that keep it from starting during bootup?

> In Control Pannel, Run Level editor find amd and stop it from
> running.

1. Need 2 IP addresses on one Linux Box one /etc/services

I have a firewall/masquerading setup on a linux box with eth0 and eth1.
Problem is that I need to add another IP address to the outside world because
of the redirection.

How do you do this with only one services file?  I don't see a mechanism for
telling inetd to do this for IPaddress1 and this for IPaddress2.

I have come to the conclusion that I have to add an eth2 (no problem there) and
ifconfig it to the new address, but at that point, my progress halts.

2. booting across the net

3. one static ip, multisystem lan, want to use other systems for services

4. Memory hashing library

5. help setting up one-way cable service Mandrake 8.1 charter.net

6. How about this scheme for alternative root shell?

7. Sun[tm] ONE Web Services Platform, Developer Edition software FREE

8. RedHat 8.0 and VIA onboard audio.

9. Services shall only react to one IP

10. Any one run msql on NT as a service?

11. TCPIP Services on one NIC which has two IP addresses

12. Two NICs: How to force services to bind to one or the other?

13. Limit services to one network interface