Printer control

Post by Jeff Ashurs » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

The printed page can be formatted for, and printed on, A4 paper using
        pr -l70 <filename> | lpr

But how can I control the printer's own formfeed (typically fed after
the printed file) to also be 70 lines (A4) ?  I am using fanfold paper.

All suggestions will be received gratefully.

Regards

Jeff

--
JEFF ASHURST                                          independent host
-----------------------------(+44) (0) 1942 246383----n  e  t  t  e  d----<

1. reading printer control lines under SVR4

Folks:
        I am in the need of  some code that will allow me to read the
printer control lines under Microport SVR4 4.2 from a C program.  Could
anyone please pass on any information that they feel could be useful
in solving this problem?  E-mail is the best way to respond since I
do not have time to scan all the news groups.
Thanks in advance
Barry

2. OEM Linux + Java advice

3. printer control HP

4. 2.4.19-pre5 pcilynx.c undeclared variables, take two

5. Printer Control Problem

6. Help: /bin/ping problem with Red Hat

7. Epson Printer Control

8. linux cybercable Fr

9. Sending printer control codes via lpr on SGI Irix 5.3

10. single-sided printer control

11. parallel-printer-control within application programs

12. Print from Solaris to a network printer controlled by NT 4.0 server

13. Printer Controls