Help again...

Post by Jér?me Meye » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Now, I will starting to install first Windows98 and second Linux on my
PC!
After installing Windows98, how could I install Linux without erase
Windows98?
should I change the cylinder for the first Partition with a higer
number?
How should I configure my Linux's patitions? What must I pay
attention...?

Thanks for your help and tips

Jerome

Help again...

Post by DanH » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Now, I will starting to install first Windows98 and second Linux on my
> PC! After installing Windows98, how could I install Linux without erase
> Windows98?  should I change the cylinder for the first Partition with a
> higer number? How should I configure my Linux's patitions? What must I
> pay attention...?

There's an entire set of 'how-to' documents for questions that are regularly
asked.  Here is the one for installation:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

DanH
--
UNIX - Not just for vestal *s anymore
Linux - Choice of a GNU generation

Help again...

Post by greenplasticma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Now, I will starting to install first Windows98 and second Linux on my
> PC!
> After installing Windows98, how could I install Linux without erase
> Windows98?
> should I change the cylinder for the first Partition with a higer
> number?
> How should I configure my Linux's patitions? What must I pay
> attention...?

you can use Partition Magic to build partitions and install Linux
without erase Win98

--

Rodrigo Henriquez M.
Fono : +56-2-6986671

ICQ   : 67102514
RADIOHEAD : did u hear a sound  like this?