1. aha2940u2w fails with rh61,62 suse6.4, ok w/rh6 and suse6.2
I'm trying to get linux installed onto a P-II with a brand new Adaptec
AHA-2940U2W and having strange problems. It seems that the newer
distributions have a problem with the aha2940u2w.
Any suggestions on how I can proced are welcome!
When it comes time to format the drive, the installation programs take
way too long, I've waited as long as 1 hour before giving up and
rebooting. The drive light stays on for long periods (45-60 seconds)
flickers off for a second, and then comes back on.
Redhat 6.0 is installing now with full partition and surface check, and
seemed to be going ok, SuSE 6.2 installed ok. Partition Magic 4 can
create partitions and format them ext2 without a problem. Full format and
surface check took about 10-15 minutes for 9 gig. Just partition and
format was less than 5 minutes.
Redhat 6.1, 6.2 and SuSE 6.4 all get s l o w. during access to the drive.
Once I tried partitioning and formatting with Partition Magic and then
installing RH 6.2 onto those partitions. When it started copying packages
to the drive it got about 6 gig copied onto the drive and then seemed to
be copying another 1-2 gig every 5 minutes or so (same activity pattern
on the drive status light.)
I've got 2 new WD 9 gig 10k Drives, the correct u2w cable and
Termination. I've even tried moving the cable to the regular ultra
connector on the card to no avail. Only other hardware at this point is a
3com 10/100 card and STB Velocity / RIVA128 4 meg video card.
I've put an older AHA-2940UW and a Seagate UW 2 gig drive in the machine,
and that works fine with everything.
3. difference between dual-single ended scsi card and single ended scsi card
4. Linux X-based Internet Apps - Any Suggestions???
5. SCSI Problem with ISApport SCSI Card (NCR53c406a)
6. HDD translation and partitioning?
7. Very strange problem with SCSI card and Sound Card !
8. Bowman Icon archives anywhere?? help!
9. SCSI: Does one need a special SCSI LVD adapter, over and above a SCSI card?
10. SuSE6.2/XWin3.3.4 graphics card nightmare
11. Getting an ISDN card to work under Suse6.3 ??
12. Kingston Ethernet PC Card not recognized on SuSE6.2
13. Suse6.4 PCMCIA Networkcard-Problem