X11: Backspace key same as delete key? Solution?

X11: Backspace key same as delete key? Solution?

Post by Michael Mons » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have a problem with Netscape and Xwindows.

I just installed Red Hat 3.0.3, and in all of the entry fields in
netscape, when I press backspace, it has the same effect as the delete
key.  In other words, if I make a typo, I have to move the cursor to
the left and hit backspace (or delete since it does the same thing) to
fix it...

Anyway, this is quite annoying since all of the other X apps I've
tried (xfig, xv, xpaint) work fine with the backspace key.

Thanks!
--
Michael Monsen           | Brought to you by IBM's OS/2 Warp!

X11: Backspace key same as delete key? Solution?

Post by Graham Swall » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I think Netscape has it's own config files (/usr/local/lib/netscape).
You might like to upgrade your version, Backspace works with V2.0.

> I have a problem with Netscape and Xwindows.

> I just installed Red Hat 3.0.3, and in all of the entry fields in
> netscape, when I press backspace, it has the same effect as the delete
> key.  In other words, if I make a typo, I have to move the cursor to
> the left and hit backspace (or delete since it does the same thing) to
> fix it...

> Anyway, this is quite annoying since all of the other X apps I've
> tried (xfig, xv, xpaint) work fine with the backspace key.

> Thanks!
> --
> Michael Monsen           | Brought to you by IBM's OS/2 Warp!

--

        -----------------------------------
        http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~trix   <-- Linux Info Pages

1. newbie question: backspace key in Netscape is acting like the delete key

<if this is a repeat I apologize, for some reason the campus news server is
acting up and none of my posts went through...>

whenever I hit the backspace key in Netscape 405 it deleted the
character to the right of the cursor, basically acting like the delete
key.  This only seems to occur in Netscape.  If you have any ideas on
how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.  thanks ahead of time.

//Pascal

ps: running RedHat 5.0

2. IBM ThinkPad 560X & Panasonic KXL-810A

3. backspace key is behaving like a delete key

4. REQ: wmx, enlightment(beos theme) and Arena binaries for tinyX

5. Remapping Keys (want delete key to delete etc!)

6. LILO HELP

7. Backspace key becomes ^H in mail, man, etc; DEL key becomes ^[[3

8. Interupt driven hardware

9. Delete & Backspace key identical. What gives?

10. X, bash, delete/backspace keys

11. backspace and delete keys in xterm under XDM behave strangely.

12. Delete Key versus Backspace

13. aterm Delete key = Backspace