LINUX won't recognize my CDROM

Post by Rick Carte » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have a TEAC CD55a 4X CD ROM which uses the TEAC propriatery 16 bit
interface card.  I can't seem to get LINX to recognize it.  I have tried
to recompile the kernel specifying SBPCD, then using Mitsumi parameters
but with no success.  The CD port address is 2C0.  I have a 586-120
computer with 28M RAM.  I have no problems under DOS or Win95.  I am
using RedHat Linux 3.0.3   Please help.  Thanks.

1. 'Toolkit for Linux' won't recognize CDROM

Hi, I'm new to Linux and trying to install it on my computer.  I bought
the 'Toolkit for Linux' from Walnut Creek.  When I used the scsi boot
disk and color144 root disk, it would recognize my SCSI controller (Pro
Audio Spectrum 16) but not the SCSI CDROM attached to it.  Finally, I
copied the A disks onto floppies and installed with those.  I thought
then I might be able to mount it.  As instructed in the CDROM-HOWTO, I ran:

mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0
and
mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /cdrom

but it said that /dev/sr0 was not a valid block device.  Doesn't the 'b'
in the mknod command create it as a block device?
Also, I read in another post to
cat /proc/devices
and
cat /proc/filesystems

to find out about my active devices, but I have neither of those files.
Any ideas?  I don't want to install ALL of the Linux stuff by disk!
                                Thanks.
                                        Emil Aalto

2. X

3. Linux:Won't recognize CDROM after installation

4. AT&T R3000 ?

5. Linux won't recognize CDROM

6. Help Me Please!! PRINTING ****

7. linux won't recognise cdrom - help please

8. sound on an ultra 5?

9. Linux won't recognize SB / CDROM

10. CDROM: Linux won't recognize it- Please help

11. Redhat Linux won't recognize my Pioneer CDROM

12. Changed cdrom setting now linux won't recognize it

13. HELP: Slackware 2.2.0 won't recognize my ATAPI/IDE CDROM drive