How to use ZIP drive(parallel)

Post by Benny L » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

hi,

   Does anybody know how to use a ZIP drive(parallel) on Linux? For
example, do I need to recompile a new kernel with some driver? or there
is some software that I can buy/download?

thanks
benny

How to use ZIP drive(parallel)

Quote:> hi,

See:  http://njtcom.com/dansie/zip-drive.html

How to use ZIP drive(parallel)

Post by David L. Johns » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> hi,

>    Does anybody know how to use a ZIP drive(parallel) on Linux? For
> example, do I need to recompile a new kernel with some driver? or there
> is some software that I can buy/download?

You will need to compile in scsi support and ppa support into your kernel.
If you use a printer as well, then such support will have to be as a module
(and for the printer).  It works, though.  Read the HOWTO on the subject.

--

Department of Mathematics               http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html
Lehigh University