Help: LI error message

Post by Aaron Sho » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello, I posted before about setup problems..

A slight change, after trying a BARE file from another site, I now get the
message 'LI' (and it hangs again) when I boot off it to try to install for the
first time.. which is slightly better than getting no message at all I
suppose.  I know that probably refers to LILO, but I don't know what
I can do about it, or what it's saying..

Does this change my situation, or is this just a flakey hardware problem?

Thank you,
Aaron S.

1. "LI" boot error message

Upon booting the rehat 7.0 server box, it freezes and just hangs at the "LI".
If i use a boot disk it will give me the boot: prompt. However, i am a newbie
so I dont know that much else. I just searched google and found a bunch of
things on this error message however, i dont understand the terminology. and I
am very confused. Could someone give me a hand just to get this thing back on.
Please. Thanks.

Joe

2. Broken pipe messages under solaris 2.5 with sendmail-8.8.5

3. Error message "LI" on boot

4. shell scripts site

5. LI error message at boot

6. Xenix 2.3.4

7. Error message continuous error messages

8. WLAN: WEP key generation with nwepgen?

9. Help :errors messages on messages

10. Where are there the roll "LI LI ....:" all over the screen?

11. LI message after repartition/format of mandrake 6.2 to DOS

12. NT/RH 6.2 (LI message when boot)

13. LILO hangs with "LI" message