Config NE2000 Comp. Enthnet Card

Post by Y. Wa » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

Just install a NE2000 Comp. Enthnet Card in my computer. I used the
netconfig which came with my Slackware 1.2.8 network package. After config
and reboot, the linux still can't find my enthnet card. I figured out
it might be the hardware setting, but don't know how to config it. Anyone
can help me? Thanks first.
The card works very well under DOS and Windows. The IRQ is 10 under DOS
and port number is 0x300h.

Thanx.

Y. Wang

Config NE2000 Comp. Enthnet Card

Post by Pete Glassco » Fri, 13 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Just install a NE2000 Comp. Enthnet Card in my computer. I used the
>netconfig which came with my Slackware 1.2.8 network package. After config
>and reboot, the linux still can't find my enthnet card. I figured out
>it might be the hardware setting, but don't know how to config it. Anyone
>can help me? Thanks first.

This might seem a silly question, but did you re-compile the kernel, with
support for the network card?

Pete
--
Peter Glasscock       |  Churchill College  |  A mathematician is a machine for
Asst Computer Officer |  CAMBRIDGE CB3 0DS  |  converting coffee into theorems.

1. Config NE2000 Enthnet Card II

Hi,

I recomplied my kernel (which is suggested by Mr. Dion Hollwnbeck. Thanks
for your help, anyway); however, my slackware distrbution 1.2.8. still
can't see my enthnet card. Anyone kowns how to solve the problem? I always
get the error message like:

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device.
SI............
SI.........: Network unreachable.

during the reboot procedure. Again, this enthnet card works very well under
DOS and WFW 3.11.
Thanks for any advice!

Y. Wang

2. HOWTO:bounce console login to another tty

3. Problem with assumed NE2000 comp. PCI 100Mb card

4. Sun's New Software Model: Does it Deliver? (fwd)

5. RedHat4.0 Enthnet Card

6. Setting up SCO to receive a PPP connection

7. How to config PCI-NE2000 compatible card in Solaris 2.6 (x86 platform)?

8. question on uucp connect failure

9. NE2000 Ethernet Card Problems (Config Help)

10. comp.sys.hp comp.sys.sgi comp.sys.sun comp.unix.ultrix comp.unix.wizards

11. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

12. Toshiba 220CS Notebook + NE2000 PCMCIA-Card + Adataptec 1480A SlimSCSI Card = Problems

13. 3COM ethernet card and NE2000 ethernet card