yast and parallel port zip

Post by Stefan Palm » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

hi,

when starting yast (suse 5.1) it always tries to mount my zip (there
is a non-auto entry in /etc/fstab for /dev/sda4). problems
occour, when the zip has no power: the loading of the
ppa module fails and an entry "ppa (uninitialized)" appears
in the output of "lsmod". how can i make yast not trying to
mount my zip? i don't want to remove the entry from /etc/fstab.

thanx in advance

-stefan

yast and parallel port zip

Post by Jesse Weiger » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> hi,

> when starting yast (suse 5.1) it always tries to mount my zip (there
> is a non-auto entry in /etc/fstab for /dev/sda4). problems
> occour, when the zip has no power: the loading of the
> ppa module fails and an entry "ppa (uninitialized)" appears
> in the output of "lsmod". how can i make yast not trying to
> mount my zip? i don't want to remove the entry from /etc/fstab.

> thanx in advance

> -stefan

 I think the problem is that it can't detect the drive.  If you compile
the PPA drivers in as a module, you can do an insmod ppa when you plug
the drive in.

--
-Jesse Weigert

 http://mid.home.ml.org
                -- Rich Kulawiec

yast and parallel port zip

Post by Stefan Palm » Sat, 28 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> > hi,

> > when starting yast (suse 5.1) it always tries to mount my zip (there
> > is a non-auto entry in /etc/fstab for /dev/sda4). problems
> > occour, when the zip has no power: the loading of the
> > ppa module fails and an entry "ppa (uninitialized)" appears
> > in the output of "lsmod". how can i make yast not trying to
> > mount my zip? i don't want to remove the entry from /etc/fstab.

> > thanx in advance

> > -stefan

>  I think the problem is that it can't detect the drive.  If you compile
> the PPA drivers in as a module, you can do an insmod ppa when you plug
> the drive in.

well, that's not the problem. i dont want to do a insmod ppa when the
zipdrive is there and a rmmod ppa when not. i configured my system
to automatically load and remove the ppa and lp modules vice versa,
cause both are connected to the same parallel port, and only one of
ppa and lp can be active at the same time. it took me days to find
a working combination of conf.modules and some smaller scripts.
i want to know how to say yast not to try to access the zip, or
maybe there is a possibility to rmmod such uninitialized modules.

thanx in advance
-stefan