SCSI HD's not working with new CDU535 boot disk?

SCSI HD's not working with new CDU535 boot disk?

Post by Gordon Mulcast » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have installed (on a 486SX with Adaptec 1542b SCSI card and a Sony
CDU535 CD) Linux ver 1.2.1 from the InfoMagic _LINUX Developers Resource_
CDs, using the Slackware distribution and everything works fine.

I just bought the book _Linux SECRETS_ which comes with a CD containing
Slackware Linux 3.0 (Linux 1.2.13). The boot disk I made from this CD has
a problem initializing the Adaptec controller, am I seeing things or did
something change in the scsi drivers???
--
"The truth of the past 400 years is that science and technology are the
 real revolutionary forces in society. All governments manage is mewling

1. *NEW* boot disk won't, *OLD* boot disk will!

 A couple of days ago, I installed the Slackware D-series that I had
downloaded and stored on a *DOS* partition on my Fujitsu 128MB m.o. scsi
drive (hooray!).

 At one point I was told that I was required to install the Linux kernel
if I wanted to use the C compiler, so I did.

 When there was no more software to install, I was asked (and I think
advised) to make a new boot disk, which I did.

 However, when I tried to 'reboot' using my new boot disk, I got a
"kernel panic" and a dead machine, so I punched the RESET button, but the
same thing happened: kernel panic.

 So, I tried booting with my old boot disk, which worked!

 Question: How come my old boot disk works but my supposedly new boot
disk doesn't?

 Followup: Is this something I should be concerned about or can I just
recycle that "new" boot disk?
--
  Bill Hogan

--
  Bill Hogan

2. Can't reboot at root from "xdm"

3. floppy25.fs can't find HD (buslogic scsi -"disk does not exist")

4. Can Someone Please Help with klm-0.6 under SuSE 7.2? !!

5. Slackware XT boot disk not work in 386-20 8Mb with only MFM H.D.

6. xterm's resize

7. Help Linux will not boot off HD, but will boot of disk

8. loop on boot

9. New EISA motherboard blues (won't boot from SCSI disk)

10. IN-2000 SCSI ALWAYS Slackware Boot Disk Not Working

11. my booting disk works well, but problem is not cleared in SCSI box...

12. SCSI tape doesn't work while booted from ER disks.

13. DUMP works for SCSI disks but not IDE disk???