rh 8 and sendmail

Post by Tom McLoughli » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:49:17

I've recently upgraded to RH 8 from RH 7, and I cannot setup a gui email
client now where I could before.

The issue may be a sendmail issue, but I rather think it is a xinetd.d
issue.

Disable is set to no in both pop and imap programs. Any ideas?

rh 8 and sendmail

Post by JP » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:43:00

Quote:> I've recently upgraded to RH 8 from RH 7, and I cannot setup a gui email
> client now where I could before.

> The issue may be a sendmail issue, but I rather think it is a xinetd.d
> issue.

> Disable is set to no in both pop and imap programs. Any ideas?

Have you checked the log files for errors? It may give some clues.

rh 8 and sendmail

Post by Tim Wunde » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:24:50

Quote:> I've recently upgraded to RH 8 from RH 7, and I cannot setup a gui email
> client now where I could before.

> The issue may be a sendmail issue, but I rather think it is a xinetd.d
> issue.

> Disable is set to no in both pop and imap programs. Any ideas?

I don't understand. What does "Disable is set to no in both pop and imap
programs" mean? Are you talking about pop and imap servers?

What does the status of Sendmail and xinetd.d have to do with
configuring a "gui e-mail client"? What mail cient are you having
trouble setting up?

I'd like to offer an idea, but I don't really understand what your
problem *is*...

Regards,
  Tim