Linux help needed-Slip,dip,netcom shell,tia specific

Linux help needed-Slip,dip,netcom shell,tia specific

Post by Craig Lyo » Mon, 14 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I need help with connecting Linux machine via slip connection to my
shell account with netcom ( I currently have tia setup for winsock
apps).  Just need examples of scripts and advice on which files to
modify , and how to setup  Netscape to run under dip.  If I get Linux
hooked up to the net, I'm dropping Windoze : )   Thanks in advance
for any advice.

Craig

Linux help needed-Slip,dip,netcom shell,tia specific

Post by f.. » Mon, 14 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I need help with connecting Linux machine via slip connection to my
>shell account with netcom ( I currently have tia setup for winsock
>apps).  Just need examples of scripts and advice on which files to
>modify , and how to setup  Netscape to run under dip.  If I get Linux
>hooked up to the net, I'm dropping Windoze : )   Thanks in advance
>for any advice.

>Craig

Hi, Crag:

     Point you web browser to http://mail.eskimo.com/~irish/linux.Global-TIA.
howto.html.  Just got my linux box to connect with Netcom/tia thanks to the
info there.  Still having problem with news and mail though.  Hope this help.

Francis K. Ton

1. Sample dip/slip config with tia needed

Hi all...

I need to get a sample configuration of dip/slip use with TIA ( The
Internaet Adapter) program.  I can get slip started, but that's it,
looks as if ip address problems.  I assume I need to setup dip/slip
for dynamic slip.. New to slip I am not sure.

Can someone send me a sample of there dip script or other hints..

I am still checking the docs on my end too..

                                Thanks in Advance...

                                        Chris,  wa6anm

------------------

2. GNU tar installation problem:: HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Help with Dip/Slip to Netcom

4. Attn: Linux Software Vendor Please Read

5. TIA SLIP and NETCOM

6. ipx

7. SLIP woes: Help me get dip and TIA to talk!

8. Building Apache on SunOS with gcc and glibc

9. DIP SLIP and Netcom

10. dip script for Netcom SLIP

11. IF you need help with TIA/DIP...

12. Using DIP to make a TIA SLIP connection

13. TIA/DIP slip problem