scsi controller not recognized

Post by Wino Caestecke » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

hi

i use the following hardware : adaptec pci aic789x ultra 2 scsi controller
(onboard asus p2b-s), and a plextor 32x scsi cdrom. i try to install redhat
5.0. the installation program does not recognize the scsi controller, which
is normal coz i think the controller did not exist when 5.0 became
available. question is : how can i make linux recognize the adapter, or how
do i load the correct driver. i have no idea how to do this. i am an
absolute newbie as fas as unix and linux are concerned. which, for a new
convert understandable howto should i read ?

thankx for any help.

scsi controller not recognized

Post by Jeff Sel » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You'll need to get the latest kernel 2.2.2.  Your best bet is to order a new
redhat 5.2 cd from cheapbytes.com for $1.99.  This doesn't have the 2.2.2
kernel but it is at 2.0.36 I think.  This should provide your scsi support that
you need.  Of course, somebody else probably will have a more technical idea
creating a boot disk with the proper drivers.  I expect that you can do it this
way, I just don't quite know how off the top of my head.
Good luck.

> hi

> i use the following hardware : adaptec pci aic789x ultra 2 scsi controller
> (onboard asus p2b-s), and a plextor 32x scsi cdrom. i try to install redhat
> 5.0. the installation program does not recognize the scsi controller, which
> is normal coz i think the controller did not exist when 5.0 became
> available. question is : how can i make linux recognize the adapter, or how
> do i load the correct driver. i have no idea how to do this. i am an
> absolute newbie as fas as unix and linux are concerned. which, for a new
> convert understandable howto should i read ?

> thankx for any help.

  jself.vcf
< 1K Download

scsi controller not recognized

Post by James Bau » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You need the updated boot images for RedHat 5.2 to install. You also
need the newest kernel which comes with RedHat 5.2 (2.0.36 - redhat
patched).
I just installed 6 p2b-ds so I know it works.

James

> hi

> i use the following hardware : adaptec pci aic789x ultra 2 scsi controller
> (onboard asus p2b-s), and a plextor 32x scsi cdrom. i try to install redhat
> 5.0. the installation program does not recognize the scsi controller, which
> is normal coz i think the controller did not exist when 5.0 became
> available. question is : how can i make linux recognize the adapter, or how
> do i load the correct driver. i have no idea how to do this. i am an
> absolute newbie as fas as unix and linux are concerned. which, for a new
> convert understandable howto should i read ?

> thankx for any help.

1. FAST SCSI CONTROLLER NOT RECOGNIZED DURING INSTALLATION

I am trying to install Redhat version 6 on a Compaq Systempro XL (486-50).
During the installation the 32 Bit Fast SCSI-2 adapter is not recognized.
None of the drivers in the installation process detect this adapter. The
adapter is set up with three drives ( a single and a mirrored pair).

 When DOS is booted everything is detected and works fine.

 I have an Adaptec 1740 controller for the CD-ROM, which is working okay.

 Does anyone have an idea of how to get Redhat to know the Fast SCSI-2
controller and drives are there?
 Thanks,
Russ

2. DAT's and CDR drives for audio use

3. HELP! SCSI controller not recognized!

4. sending email from a script using nail/mailx - "550 5.7.1 Use fully qualified domain name" error

5. Adaptec AHA 1540cf/1542cf scsi controller not recognized by linux

6. Unix(like) programs/tools/utilities for Win95?

7. IBM SCSI controller not recognized?

8. vpn and exports

9. SCSI Controller not recognized

10. Can't access SCSI controller - not recognized?

11. WD7193 SCSI controller not recognized

12. SCSI Controller not recognized by Linux?

13. Sunjack SCSI controller not recognized