Adding pppd to monkey linux?

Post by MrPin » Fri, 08 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I've got monkey all set up, and it has ppp support running as a module, but
I can't find pppd or anything even remotely related.  Has anyone gotten
monkey connected to the internet?
        I am using monkey on a laptop with a tiny hdd, and can't afford to
partition and limit my usable space under linux or dos.  I tried doslinux,
which was fuller featured, but  way too big after linux and X were
installed.   It left me with about 10megs free, not enough to use for my
job supporting dos/win, so I went back to monkey.  The only downside is
that i can't find pppd or lpd.  The printing I can deal with by dumping a
file to the DOS directory and printing it when I reboot, but that is such
an ugly workaround.  The pppd I can't work around.  The whole idea of
putting monkey on the laptop was to give me a mobile linux
websurf/mail/news station, without slogging thru windoze.  I even tried dos
web apps, but linux seemed the way to go.  Until I tried to connect, that
is.  Please, if you have gotten monkey set up with pppd reply and share
your widom with me before I am forced to admit defeat before my boss and
return the laptop (that was the deal:  I can prove I can set up a non
intrusive linux on a small system, and the laptop was mine to use for many
moons), which would be a sad thing.  Thanks for your help.

1. Add pppd to monkey linux?

How would i add pppd to monkey linux?  I can't find the command anywhere in
the dist.  I downloaded ppp-2.2.0f, but I don't know if this is the way to
go.  The monkey uses kernel 2.0.30, and I'm using ppp as a module.  I
haven't been using linux that long, and have done little compiling.  I'm
running monkey on a laptop, but also have slackware setup on my box.  Can I
cheat and just swipe a few files from slackware?  This would be my
preferred method, if possible,  as the laptop is hurting for resources and
a compile would take forever.  I looked at all the docs on monkey i can
find, but no mention of pppd is given, and I don't want to mess it up now
that everything else works perfectly.  Can anyone give me a kick in the
right direction?

2. gated

3. PPPD and Monkey Linux

4. xautolock help

5. Monkey Linux installation problem

6. Migrating VMS mail to UNIX mail

7. Monkey Linux

8. net packet queue scheduler, packet_type and proto handlers

9. Monkey Linux install problem

10. Monkey Linux and Java

11. HELP!!! Problems w/ loadlin and monkey linux....

12. who uses monkey linux??

13. Monkey Linux freezes after startx