Toshiba Lpatop Modem not recognised under SuSE 8.1

Toshiba Lpatop Modem not recognised under SuSE 8.1

Post by roj » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:20:16

I've just installed SuSE 8.1 on my Toshiba laptop but it will not recognise
the inbuilt modem. And the 'help' is unhelpful!
Being a newbie to Linux, can anyone please help?
Roj

Post by Paul Lutu » Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:03:06

> I've just installed SuSE 8.1 on my Toshiba laptop but it will not recognise
> the inbuilt modem. And the 'help' is unhelpful!
> Being a newbie to Linux, can anyone please help?

Most likely it is a Winmodem, a modem that relies on Windows to work at
all.

For more, look at http://www.linux-laptop.net for your machine.

--
Paul Lutus