KDE Questions

Post by Karl-Heinz Schul » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Would you recommend for a newbie to install it?
What are your experiences?
How does the file manager compare?

Thank you

KDE Questions

Post by H?kan Napoleon Wikstr? » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

It totally rocks!
It beats every other desktop system I've ever seen. Installation was a
breeze too (on a RedHat 5.0, kernel 2.0.34, RPM install). I'd say go for
it, but you might want to wait for version 1.0, due to be released
sometime during next week.
Regards,
H?kan Wikstr?m

> Would you recommend for a newbie to install it?
> What are your experiences?
> How does the file manager compare?

> Thank you

1. KDE question

I did:
make install
in my /usr/ports/X11/kde directory, and 2.5 hours later after my 1.4 gig
partition was chewed up it finished.  I don't have a problem resizing the
partition, I'm just wondering how I went into negative numbers on the drive
and why KDE took up so much space?  It was just a clean install and I did
make on KDE. I know it installed a lot of other dependant ports, but a gig
worth?

Anyone?  Thank you!

2. HP5000 Driver to Support TABLOID (11x17) paper

3. Strange KDE question!

4. Redhat 5.2 and user-mountable

5. gnome 2 kde question

6. How do I toggle/change monitor res in XWin?

7. KDE question

8. Rewrite module; Dynamic Mirror

9. KDE Questions

10. Some KDE questions.