I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

Post by freenu » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:26:51

Hi guys,

I bought a Netgear netcard fa311 and installed it and its dirver on my
RedHat Linux6.0. It worked well.

After I upgraded RedHat Linux6.0 to RedHat 7.0 ( whose kernel
is 2.2.16-22 ), it did not work. Then I upgraded the linux kernel
from 2.2.16-22 to 2.4 , and modified the source file fa311.c that
Netgear company provides with the netcard and made a new driver
for the fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7.0+ kernel 2.4.

Does someone who needs a new driver for fa311 want to try to
use it(free)?

and

Can I provide the new source files of fa311 driver with or without
the agreement of Netgear company to public for free?

Yan Deng

I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

Post by James M. Wadkin » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:30:52

I just mad tthe mistak of upgrading to RedHAt 7.0 and now my Netgear
FA311 CARDS don't work. I went to the Netgear site and download the
patch they have but the instructions were so far of from anything that
would make sense, can you give me soom advice to make these cards work
again.

Thanks,
Jim W.

--
James Wadkins
VTAT, Inc.

--
James Wadkins
VTAT, Inc.

I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

Post by James M. Wadkin » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 06:49:47

I forgot, since my nic cards don't work I can't receive emails on the

Thank you again,

Jim W.

--
James Wadkins
VTAT, Inc.

I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

Post by Yan Den » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:07:50

Hi Jim,

I have sent you an email with the new driver you need.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me.

Gook luck,

Yan Deng

> I just mad tthe mistak of upgrading to RedHAt 7.0 and now my Netgear
> FA311 CARDS don't work. I went to the Netgear site and download the
> patch they have but the instructions were so far of from anything that
> would make sense, can you give me soom advice to make these cards work
> again.

> Thanks,
> Jim W.

> > Hi guys,

> > I bought a Netgear netcard fa311 and installed it and its dirver on my
> > RedHat Linux6.0. It worked well.

> > After I upgraded RedHat Linux6.0 to RedHat 7.0 ( whose kernel
> > is 2.2.16-22 ), it did not work. Then I upgraded the linux kernel
> > from 2.2.16-22 to 2.4 , and modified the source file fa311.c that
> > Netgear company provides with the netcard and made a new driver
> > for the fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7.0+ kernel 2.4.

> > Does someone who needs a new driver for fa311 want to try to
> > use it(free)?

> > and

> > Can I provide the new source files of fa311 driver with or without
> > the agreement of Netgear company to public for free?

> > Yan Deng

> --
> James Wadkins
> VTAT, Inc.
> 5429 Valley Wells Way
> Las Vegas, NV 89113
> 702-873-0480
> 702-873-0049 Fax
> http://www.vtat.com

I made a new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4:

Post by Yan Den » Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:02:53

Hi Jim,

Good luck again

Yan Deng

> I forgot, since my nic cards don't work I can't receive emails on the

> Thank you again,

> Jim W.

> > I just mad tthe mistak of upgrading to RedHAt 7.0 and now my Netgear
> > FA311 CARDS don't work. I went to the Netgear site and download the
> > patch they have but the instructions were so far of from anything that
> > would make sense, can you give me soom advice to make these cards work
> > again.

> > Thanks,
> > Jim W.

> > > Hi guys,

> > > I bought a Netgear netcard fa311 and installed it and its dirver on my
> > > RedHat Linux6.0. It worked well.

> > > After I upgraded RedHat Linux6.0 to RedHat 7.0 ( whose kernel
> > > is 2.2.16-22 ), it did not work. Then I upgraded the linux kernel
> > > from 2.2.16-22 to 2.4 , and modified the source file fa311.c that
> > > Netgear company provides with the netcard and made a new driver
> > > for the fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7.0+ kernel 2.4.

> > > Does someone who needs a new driver for fa311 want to try to
> > > use it(free)?

> > > and

> > > Can I provide the new source files of fa311 driver with or without
> > > the agreement of Netgear company to public for free?

> > > Yan Deng

> > --
> > James Wadkins
> > VTAT, Inc.
> > 5429 Valley Wells Way
> > Las Vegas, NV 89113
> > 702-873-0480
> > 702-873-0049 Fax
> > http://www.vtat.com

> --
> James Wadkins
> VTAT, Inc.
> 5429 Valley Wells Way
> Las Vegas, NV 89113
> 702-873-0480
> 702-873-0049 Fax
> http://www.vtat.com

1. A new driver for Netgear fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7 + kernel 2.4

Hi guys,

I bought a Netgear netcard fa311 and installed it and its dirver on my
RedHat Linux6.0. It worked well.

After I upgraded RedHat Linux6.0 to RedHat 7.0 ( whose kernel
is 2.2.16-22 ), it did not work. Then I upgraded the linux kernel
from 2.2.16-22 to 2.4 , and modified the source file fa311.c that
Netgear company provides with the netcard and made a new driver
for the fa311 netcard working on RedHat Linux 7.0+ kernel 2.4.

Does someone who needs a new driver for fa311 want to try to
use it(free)?

If you have questions, please feel free to ask me.

Yan Deng

2. <<<HELP>>> Newbie stuck. Please help.

3. Netgear FA311 under redhat 7.0 (linux kernel 2.2.16-22)

4. NEED HELP................ PLEASE HELP ME

5. RedHat 7.1 (kernel v2.4.2-2) and Netgear FA311

6. PPP-MSCHAP -> WinNT not working...

7. Network driver question for netgear FA311

8. Which Linux version should a newbe install ?

9. Debian - Looking for driver for NetGear FA311

10. netgear FA311 driver?

11. Netgear FA311 and nvidia drivers

12. Netgear FA311 ethernet card Not working

13. NetGear FA311 doesn't work