name server address for virgin.net or anyone in the uk

name server address for virgin.net or anyone in the uk

Post by Ryan » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

can someone please tell me the name server address for
*.net as they seem to be ignoring me 5-6 messages
over 5-6 days

And can someone tell me where the faq for this group is
also has comp.os.linux.answers died or what ?
--
manics-at-rocketmail-dot-com

Post by Cliff Kayli » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>can someone please tell me the name server address for
>*.net as they seem to be ignoring me 5-6 messages
>over 5-6 days

*.net      nameserver = athalassa.*.net
*.net      nameserver = ns2.cableol.net
*.net      nameserver = ns1.cableol.net

*.net      nameserver = athalassa.*.net
*.net      nameserver = ns2.cableol.net
*.net      nameserver = ns1.cableol.net
athalassa.*.net    internet address = 194.168.38.1
ns2.cableol.net internet address = 194.168.8.220
ns1.cableol.net internet address = 194.168.4.220

1. UK ISP (Virgin.net)

Hi All.

I'm thinking of switching ISP as the DNS is often unavailable on my
current one. The guys at work (all Windows) all use virgin.net for their
home ISP's and seem to love it. Does anyone know if it works with Linux
for dialup (or ADSL for that matter)?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

2. CDROM ejects on shutdown

3. Strange problem accessing Virgin.net servers

4. ISP Automatic Config and Installations

5. Connecting to internet (Virgin Net (UK)

6. more problems with two file systems.

7. virgin.net

8. Linux Showcase - Atlanta

9. PPP networking connection to virgin.net

10. wvdial and virgin.net not getting together

11. Recent problems connecting to virgin.net as ISP

12. Name server on a 2-IP address net

13. Virgin net/freeserve