Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen

Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen

Post by Jinsong Ouyan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For RedHat 6.1, if you log out and have the GNOME Display Manager login
screen, that screen will stay there forever. Does anyone know how to
setup a screen saver or make it blank for this login screen? Thanks in
advance.

Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen

Post by Jinsong Ouyan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For RedHat 6.1, if you log out and have the GNOME Display Manager login
screen, that screen will stay there forever. Does anyone know how to
setup a screen saver or make it blank for this login screen? Thanks in
advance.

Screen Saver for GNOME Display Manager Login Screen

Post by Harris L. Gilli » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>For RedHat 6.1, if you log out and have the GNOME Display Manager login
>screen, that screen will stay there forever. Does anyone know how to
>setup a screen saver or make it blank for this login screen? Thanks in
>advance.

Hi,

        RedHat uses xscreensaver (a rather old version though) and you
just need to modify the xdm config files to get a login screensaver.
I would strongly suggest you go to the xscreensaver web site
(http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/) and fetch the latest version.
After you compile and install it you can read their documentation
which describes exactly how to acomplish what you want.

                                                        ---Harris