Red Hat 6.0 FTP install hangs

Post by Howard Chen » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

  When I tried to use FTP install on Red Hat 6.0, it hangs while
downloading/installing the packages.  I have tried a couple of ftp
sites, and each time it hangs at a random point.  It always hangs
after it starts to transfer a file, but before anything has actually
been received.  ie.  the progress bar shows up, and Alt-F4 shows a
message saying "transferring...".  However, the size of the file (seen
from Alt-F2 in the shell) remains 0.  I typically wait for 10min or
more and it's stuck.  Does anyone know if this is a bug or just a
problem with the ftp server?  Does anyone have a reliable ftp server
to recommend?

Thanks

Howard

--

University of Waterloo    URL   : http://www.grad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~hchcheng/
Computer Science Graduate Student (PhD)

Mathematics consists of proving the most obvious thing in the least
obvious way.
                                          - George Polya

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. 'rstatd' for SCO Unix Release 3.2 Vers. 4.2

3. Red Hat 6.0 hangs on install @ format

4. AIX Large Drive Patch

5. red hat 6.0 not hangs on install

6. User program fooling QUOTA ?

7. FTP install of Red Hat 6.0 using DFE-530TX

8. vm86 IRQ bugfix

9. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

10. Red Hat 6.0 install errors: "Install bootloader"

11. Red Hat 6.0 Hanging...then GUI won't start

12. Red Hat 6.0 hangs on P3

13. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already