XWindows problem with Trident 9400CXi

Post by Phil Brutsch » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am having something of a problem with Xwindows.  Whenever I try to start
X in SVGA modes, the graphics screen comes up with white pixels placed at
random over the background.  And, as I move the mouse around, the pixels
shift where the mouse has passed.  Then, X freezes.  Have to reboot with
RESET :-(.

I do not have any problems of any sort with the VGA server.

As such, I believe I have a configuration problem (maybe with xf86config).

My system is a Cyrix Cx486S with 16meg.  My video chipset is a Trident
TGUI9400CXi with 1024K memory.  It's running Slackware 3.3 with whatever
version of X comes with that (3.3.1 I think.)

Any help would be apprecieated!

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One.  We've handled the Borg.  We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard