Req help; How to do desktop shortcut in KDE

Req help; How to do desktop shortcut in KDE

Post by NADA » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How do I set up a shortcut on the KDE desktop. I want it to run Quake2 that
I just installed. To run Quake2 I have to got to /usr/local/games/quake2 and
then type ./quake2 +set vid_ref soft .Isnt there a way to Create a Desktop

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

: How do I set up a shortcut on the KDE desktop. I want it to run Quake2 that
: I just installed. To run Quake2 I have to got to /usr/local/games/quake2 and
: then type ./quake2 +set vid_ref soft .Isnt there a way to Create a Desktop

Sure. What do you think the desktop is FOR! Try clicking on Help
sometimes. Or use your Templates folder!

Peter

Post by Patrici » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How do I set up a shortcut on the KDE desktop. I want it to run Quake2 that
>I just installed. To run Quake2 I have to got to /usr/local/games/quake2 and
>then type ./quake2 +set vid_ref soft .Isnt there a way to Create a Desktop

Nada
You could make a script
------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/games/quake2/quake2 +set vid_ref soft
--------------------------------
call it myquake
make it excecutable (chmod +x myquake)
rightclick on the desktop
choose new File System Device
fill in the blanks.

Good Luck

--
HTH :)
Patricia

http://www.crosswinds.net/~beginnerslinux
Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
Kernel 2.2.5-15
 11:08am  up 12:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.10, 0.15
Thu Apr  6 11:08:14 CEST 2000