Downloading Redhat 5.2

Post by Bobby D. Bryan » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I saw there are many directories in the ftp sites under Redhat 5.2.
> Could any one can tell me which directories & files I should download in
> order to setup Redhat 5.2.

Here are the ncftp scripts that I used to fetch it:

nohup nice ncftp -aiLR
linux.ucs.indiana.edu:pub/linux/redhat/redhat-5.2/i386 >
_download.redhat052.log &

nohup nice ncftp -aiLR linux.ucs.indiana.edu:linux/redhat/updates/5.2/i386

Quote:> _do

wnload.updates052.log &

Optional:

nohup nice ncftp -aiLR
linux.ucs.indiana.edu:pub/linux/redhat/powertools/5.2/i38
6 > _download.powertools052.log &

BTW, be sure to read the instructions on the special procedures required
for applying the kernel patches in the "updates" kit.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

Downloading Redhat 5.2

Post by Stanley Cha » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I saw there are many directories in the ftp sites under Redhat 5.2.
Could any one can tell me which directories & files I should download in
order to setup Redhat 5.2.

Thank you very much.

Stanley

Downloading Redhat 5.2

Post by Keit » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hey!!! How about going to linuxmall.com and buying the darn CD for $1.89!!!!
Why waste your time downloading stuff it will take you weeks to figure out
how to compile and make work?

Keith

>I saw there are many directories in the ftp sites under Redhat 5.2.
>Could any one can tell me which directories & files I should download in
>order to setup Redhat 5.2.

>Thank you very much.

>Stanley

1. Downloading Redhat 5.2

I have what I think is the correct files to Install RH5.2. Boot and Supp

appears prior to setting up the partition info. Second after fdisk I use
Disk druid to set the partitions as follows :
    HDA1 is the Win95 Drive (1.5G) Mounted as /Dos
    SDA1 is the / Partition  (975 Meg)
    SDA2 is the Swap Partition (35 Meg)
    SDA4 is the ParPort Zip

I usually skip the above error and continue with Disk Druid. When it asks
for the location of the Redhat Files it is in the directory RedHat on the
HDA1 Drive. Mount Point on HDA1 is /Dos for Linux use. I have tried /RedHat,
/RedHat/Rpms, just /dos/Redhat or just plain / . With the exception of just
/ I get an error that tells me that no there appears to be no data found.
With the / by itself I get an error opening error. Does anybody have any
clues? Thanks!

Bill Sends....

2. Raw packets from ethernet device under linux

3. Downloading RedHat 5.2

4. Iomega Insider 800 tape drive (Travan)?

5. Download Redhat 5.2

6. truetype fonts

7. Downloading REDHAT 5.2 simple question

8. copy os to a news hardisk?

9. Downloading RedHat 5.2

10. Download Redhat 5.2 Help

11. Downloading-problems RedHat 5.2....