DOSEMU - vga font?

Post by kchit.. » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have RH 6.0 running - when I try "xdos" - it complains that
it cannot find the "vga" font - I have what appears to be
"vga.pcf" in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc - and there is an entry in
fonts.dir -

I have read the HOWTO - did not help -

Where (if I have to) do I get the vga fonts xdos needs?

Appreciate the help ...!

DOSEMU - vga font?

Post by Alex Yu » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

: I have RH 6.0 running - when I try "xdos" - it complains that
: it cannot find the "vga" font - I have what appears to be
: "vga.pcf" in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc - and there is an entry in
: fonts.dir -

: I have read the HOWTO - did not help -

: Where (if I have to) do I get the vga fonts xdos needs?

If vga is in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.dir, you can run
        xset fp rehash
It causes the X server to reread the font databases in the current
font path.

DOSEMU - vga font?

Post by kchit.. » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> : Where (if I have to) do I get the vga fonts xdos needs?
> If vga is in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.dir, you can run
>    xset fp rehash
> It causes the X server to reread the font databases in the current
> font path.

I'll check it out - my recollection is that I did it - I still get
the error - perhaps I need some additional vga fonts??

Again, I'll check it out - thanks -

1. DOSEMU, VGA font messedup

When I switch to a VC containing a dosemu session, it sometimes
scrambles the VGA font, forcing me to exit dosemu (blind) and restart.

It appears that this only happens when the program is giving up its time
slice with INT 2F function 1680, and so the dosemu program is in a
usleep(3) call.  Sometimes when a program is doing that and I switch to
it, it appears that the video memory and font are filled with random
data.  Sometimes it exits dosemu as well, but I haven't been able to
catch any useful debugging message from this.

I'm using MS-DOS 5.0 inside dosemu0.53pl33 and Linux kernel 1.1.54.  My
video card is an ATI Graphics Ultra Pro, a Mach32 accelerated card with
2M of video memory.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Matthew "The Coroner" Skala, VE7MSK * Hunting ears, Can make a bull - *
Sysop of Ansuz BBS (604) 642-7820 * But eyes, And brains, Make spacefen - *

 * RM 1.3 00829 * "So what if it has bugs?" - Phil Katz

2. ASUS CUV4X

3. xdos (dosemu with X) problem and vga font

4. Available memory

5. garbled VGA font / DOSEMU

6. post processing

7. DOSEMU can't find font 'vga' trying 9x18...

8. Possible to gateway between plip and slip interfaces?

9. VGA Planets in DOSEMU

10. VGA graphics in DOSEMU

11. Matrox mystique support in dosemu/svgalib/vga

12. How to enable VGA graphics in an X Window in DOSEMU?

13. Dosemu VGA Graphics and Diamond S64D/PCI