Sound problem on Toshiba Laptop

Post by sxk.. » Sat, 11 Mar 1995 06:23:07

Hi:

I have a Toshiba 4700CT notebook and it has a built-in Microsoft Sound System.
I failed to make the audio working on linux though I followed the steps in
"HOWTO" to set the configuration, recompile the kernel, and set up the device
files, etc. When I use " make config " to configure my sound card, a message
" dnsdomainname lookup failure" shows up.

  Anyway, I still compile the new kernel and  it can detect my sound card
when booting. Then I create the device file using the script in ~linux/drivers
/sound directory. When I llook up the file /dev/sndstat, the contents is
as follows :
  Anyway, I still compile the new kernel and  it can detect my sound card
when booting. Then I create the device file using the script in ~linux/drivers
/sound directory. When I llook up the file /dev/sndstat, the contents is
as follows :

  SoundDriver:2.90-2
  Config Option: 200

  Install Drivers:
  Type 10: MS Sound System

  Card config:
  MS Sound System at 0x530 irq 7 drq 1

  PCM devices:
  0: MS Sound System (AD1848)

  Synth devices:

  Midi devices:

  MIDI Timers:

  0 Mixer(s) installed

  However,  when I tried "cat xxxxx.au >/dev/audio", it told me that
"no such device or address". But it works under DOS/Window. Do I forget to
setup anything ?
Please help, thanks.

Ssu-Ping

1. Sound problem on a Toshiba laptop

Hi,

I am new to linux, and have purchased SUSE V8.1. It works perfectly on my
desktop (running Win2k as well) I have an older Toshiba 4000CDT laptop which
I installed Linux on. Everything works fine, apart from the sound drivers.

Does anyone know how to manually install the drivers, or know a source where
I can retrieve such drivers.

Many thanks,

Rob :)

2. $6/month T1 Shell Accounts Available

3. Toshiba Tecra Laptop Sound Problem 5.0 - Current

4. Permanently SET the PATH???

5. Problems with sound on Toshiba Laptop with 2.2.2-RELEASE

6. Time accurate to within one millisecond

7. Sound problem on Toshiba Laptop

8. Server Problems: Connection refused

9. Getting my Yahmaha sound to work with my Toshiba Satellite Laptop

10. Midi sound on Toshiba 410 laptop??

11. Toshiba Laptop Sound Configuration.

12. Toshiba 4090X laptop sound hassles

13. Sound on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 440CDX Laptop