E-mail Client...

Post by ChenthilWhela » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone suggest me an x-based pop3 e-mail client (RedHat 6.0) )which will
download from multiple e-mail accounts. I have 3 e-mail accounts for various
purpose (jokes, journals & regular). kmail and netscape mail permits me to
have only one account at a time.

BYE. Will Keep In Touch.
Y's
SenthilVelan PI

http://senthil.webjump.com

E-mail Client...

Post by Shice Beon » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:55:09 +0530 in comp.os.linux.setup,

profound gem of wisdom:

Quote:>Can anyone suggest me an x-based pop3 e-mail client (RedHat 6.0) )which will
>download from multiple e-mail accounts. I have 3 e-mail accounts for various
>purpose (jokes, journals & regular). kmail and netscape mail permits me to
>have only one account at a time.

I'm pretty sure Netscape allows you to have more than one account at a
time, but you can't use them simultaneously. KMail is a joke, I don't
think it can even do sub-folders for organizing e-mail.

You might wish to give TkRat or Postilion (Postilion is basically
TkRat with a NeXt-ish interface) a try, both can do multiple POP3
accounts I believe (although they'll be a little hard to get used to
if you're used to things like NS Messenger).

Or, if you've got hard drive space to blow, you might want to give
StarOffice a try. It has a built in e-mail client that (from what I've
seen) takes a similar approach as MS Outlook.

--
"While removing all youre clothes does not mean youre nekkid, it does mean you
will have trouble walking thru the mall un-noticed." -Wurk, in article

E-mail Client...

Post by Tom George » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:55:09 +0530 in comp.os.linux.setup,

> profound gem of wisdom:

> >Can anyone suggest me an x-based pop3 e-mail client (RedHat 6.0) )which will
> >download from multiple e-mail accounts. I have 3 e-mail accounts for various
> >purpose (jokes, journals & regular). kmail and netscape mail permits me to
> >have only one account at a time.

I use kmail, and it *can indeed* do multiple accounts.  In fact, if you
have
multiple accounts defined, you can either d/l mail from all
simultaneously
or just from a single account.  Go to "Settings" under "File" and choose
the
"Network" tab and add as many accounts as you wish!

Quote:> I'm pretty sure Netscape allows you to have more than one account at a
> time, but you can't use them simultaneously. KMail is a joke, I don't
> think it can even do sub-folders for organizing e-mail.

kmail has folders.  I've never tried subfolders of folders.

Tom
--
Thomas L. Georges, SMTS BellSouth Telecommunications S&T
675 W. Peachtree St. 41B50 Atlanta, GA 30375

        "A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can
          always count on the support of Paul" - GBS
(ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE and not my employers - but they should be :)

1. email client & nntp client woes

so many interesting posts here about "brainless .. dumb ...
lazy "  'MS windoze users' .. and .. I guess intelligent,
enterprising souls who have the time to enjoy the ahh
challenges of compiling linux kernels et al ...
Professionally, I am an UNIX 'SA' , who has recently installed
Redhat 4,1  (kernel 2.0.27) on my home rig.
I am using the Metro-X Xserver and TriTeal's CDE
on a cyrix 6x86L oc'd to 200, mustang P54 board
2gig eide, 64M EDO ram,

A review of the linux newsgroups convinced me to
d/l 'exmh---0zeta, and the much praised 'knews'

ok ... so are these apps' like a test of linux hacking
skills? seriously, 50-65 hours a week at work, wife,
mortgage, 2.25 kids blah blah ...whine whine ,,  I
honestly do not have the time to devote to tweaking,
'makeing', solving dependencies problems and or reading long
long man pages, README's, syntax descriptions ...
that do not apparently even tell my dumb butt how to
start the friggin knews or exmh, if I should log-on via
a shell dialup or a ppp session to my ISP ect ...

perhaps I am one of the dumasses ... but I really only
want to get some work done with my computer .. not
spend excessive amounts of frustrating time trying to
get an app to work.

Could anyone kindly lemme' know if:
1. Any i386.rpm's exist for x-windows email/news clients
2. Anything i may have overlooked, or a decent man page,
readme, FAQ that actually describes how to set up these
apps ..AND .. configure them so they work?

thanks in advance ...

2. GNU/Linux will shut itself down, but it will not turn the power off on my new computer

3. Fastest GUI Email Client

4. SuSE 8.1 & 8.2

5. Looking for a Email client software

6. HELP: Looking for Prolog interpreter/compiler running on Linux

7. Looking for email client

8. Anyone here seen netscape 1.1N-export for Sol2.3 lockup 2.4?

9. Exchange Email Client

10. news reader , ftp , email client

11. Mail disappears between server and email client.

12. Frustrated with Linux Email Clients?

13. New Sylpheed email client has >2 nested mailboxes