signal 15

Post by Thomas Hinnenber » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:40:17

Whenever I try to install Redhat 7.0 on my old 486 (8MB Ram, 240 MB Disk), I
get a message: "Abnormal termination: install received signal 15". Does
anybody know what this means?

signal 15

Post by Rasmus B?g Hanse » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:51:20

> Whenever I try to install Redhat 7.0 on my old 486 (8MB Ram, 240 MB Disk), I
> get a message: "Abnormal termination: install received signal 15". Does
> anybody know what this means?

The RedHat 7.0 installer requires 16Mb RAM. So you're out of luck here.

Btw. a minimal install uses a little above 200Mb disk space - so you
would fill up you HD too.

Try an older one. I think 6.2 requires 16Mb RAM too, so perhaps you will
need to go to 5.2 or non-RedHat.

Rasmus B?g Hansen

1. syslogd: exiting on signal 15 - exit signals

I'm looking for a list of signals in the FreeBSD kernel, as the message
syslogd: exiting on signal 15 is all I am getting before a system
shutdown.

I need to find out what this error is, how to detect what is causing the
error, and how to fix it.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance

Drew

2. How to setup dialup networking

3. PPPD dies - signal 15 received...

4. Auto-install problem

5. KDE 1.1.1 - KMail got signal 15.

6. Choosing VirtualHost by a header other than Host:

7. Terminating on signal 15

8. NEED: Printcap for Cannon BJ-200

9. ppp terminating on signal 15, linux 2.4.20, & conexant internal modem

10. Signal 15 in kppp

11. syslogd exiting on signal 15

12. RedHat Linux: exiting on signal 15

13. syslogd exiting on signal 15