CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

Post by Vikram Kuma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0  LILO Boot.

Dear Friends,

Hi! There. I have 2 hard disks on my pc. On my first hard disk (fat 32
file system 8  gb) I have  4 prtitions and windows 95 installed on it.
On my seconmd hard disk (2.5 gb) I am trying to install Linux. Teh
problem is that the installation goes on smoothly. The problem arises
that after rebooting in LILO boot when I enter Linux.. I get

crc error

-- System Halted.

Please could anybody give me a clue that why I am getting this problem.

Also please note that the hard disk on which I am installing Linux is a
Secondary master hard disk and 8 gb hard disk is primary master hard
disk.

Any type of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks In Advcance

Vikram

please reply to

Post by Rasmus B?g Hanse » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0  LILO Boot.

> Dear Friends,

> Hi! There. I have 2 hard disks on my pc. On my first hard disk (fat 32
> file system 8  gb) I have  4 prtitions and windows 95 installed on it.
> On my seconmd hard disk (2.5 gb) I am trying to install Linux. Teh
> problem is that the installation goes on smoothly. The problem arises
> that after rebooting in LILO boot when I enter Linux.. I get

> crc error

> -- System Halted.

Where do you precisely get this message? Is is just after "uncompressing
the kernel" message? If so, the kernel image is corrupt, and you will have
to reinstall it. Boot into linux with a bootdisk, and reinstall the
kernel. The way to do this differs a lot from distro to distro, but if you
tell us, surely somebody knows.

If LILO says "Loading linux.." and then prints the CRC error message (or
if it does not even get this far), you can perhaps just reinstall
lilo. Boot with a bootdisk (Most distros have some kind of rescue
facility) and mount your root drive:
  mkdir /root
  mount /dev/hdb1 /root
  /root/sbin/lilo -r /root
  umount /root
and restart the machine. Perhaps you will have to substitute the /dev/hdb1
for your partition, if Linux is installed in another partition.

Rasmus B?g Hansen

    ,-----.
   {|[;["[|=-.   ?l blev jo opfundet ved en fejltagelse
   `|[.[ [| ))   Fejltagelsen bestod i, at det ikke blev opfundet noget f?r
    |[ [ [|//                     -- Monrad & Rislund
    |[ [ [|'
    `====='

1. CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

[...]

2. keystroke for PIPE symbol

3. crc error in Red Hat boot

4. Bash shell script for killing ipc objects

5. Error while booting Red Hat 6.0

6. Win 98 to Linux problem

7. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

8. /proc/sys/vm/freepages read-only

9. linux will not boot---Red Hat 6.0

10. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

11. looping boot process for Red Hat Linux using lilo

12. Red Hat Linux: need Lilo boot install help!

13. Trouble Booting Red Hat 6.0