Red Hat Linux Installation Problem

Post by mklee1388.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I tried to install Red Hat 6.1 on my machine, but encountered the
error "Boot Partition too big" when I tried to set up a Linux Native
partition.  The following is my configuration:

Win98SE with one 13GB harddrive partitioned into C (formatted as FAT32)
and D drives.  The primary C drive has about 10.5G, and the extension
drive D has about 2.5G.

I got the Red Hat 6.1 CD that came with the book, "Secrets of Red Hat
Linux".  The following is the procedure I did during installation
before I got the error message:

1. Deleted the D drive
2. Added a Linux partition with "/" as mount.
3. Enter 2.5G - 128M (the size of the RAM on my machine) as the size.
4. Click OK and I got the error message.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Red Hat Linux Installation Problem

Post by Davi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

When entering the swap size the max size is 127MB which will end up
about 133MB  and you can have more than one swap partition.