Configuring X for a Cirrus Logic chipset

1. Help: Configuring Cirrus Logic cl6420 chipset

I have a TI TravelMate 4000 DX2/50 laptop with 20 megs.  I have
recently installed the Debian release of Linux and I am currently
working on installing the XFree86 X-Windows system.  I have the
following problem:

After configuring XFree86 by running xf86config and using startx or
even simply x to fire up the GUI, my screen doesn't quite draw itself
properly...

It runs without any errors except the GUI appears as 9 mini-windows,
and they are too small to make out anything.  I know its running,
because I can see pixels change when I type.  I can exit an xterm and
it closes something in one of those mini-windows, but still, it's way
too small to make out anything.  The only was I can exit is to
<ctrl-alt-bkspace> and it kills the GUI, but freezes the keyboard
input.  The only thing left to do is a cold boot!

So I've tried tweaking the dotclocks, the vertical and horizontal
refresh rates, etc, etc, etc...HELP!

Has anyone out there successfully installed X-windows on a TI
TravelMate 4000? I have read and re-read the HOWTOs, I have a copy of
the O'Riely "Running Linux" book, I've been watching the newsgroups, I
have tried for over a month to get this to work, can anybody help?!?

A post to this newsgroup or even a personal email would be GREATLY
appreciated!!

Thanks in advance ;)
Christian N. Abad

2. Blaster 8X CD and slackware 3.0 install?

3. Configuring Xwindows with a Sony fixed frequency monitor and Cirrus Logic GD-5480 chipset video card

4. host question

5. Cirrus Logic Chipset.

6. Secure Captive Account/vi workaround

7. XFree 4, Sharp 9070, Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 chipset

8. Does anyone know where the RAID superblock lives?

9. Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset

10. New User Help: Cirrus Logic 5446 Chipset

11. Help installing X368 Ver 3.1.2G with Cirrus Logic gd 7543 video chipset

12. IGS chipset?? Cirrus Logic 54M30 vs. Trident 9680 ???

13. Cirrus Logic laguna chipset & xfree86