Configuration of PCMCIA 3c562 card in Linux

Configuration of PCMCIA 3c562 card in Linux

Post by Ieong Sze Chung Ric » Wed, 14 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,

        I would like to ask a question on how to configure my PCMCIA 3c562
card in red hat linux v4.2.

        I have already installed the cardmgr. From "cardctl config", I
noticed that my card is properly installed. Therefore, everything should
be alright. However, I can't find the network.opts file in /etc/pcmcia
directory. Besides, I also found that the interface eth0 is not installed
(as listed from "ifconfig -a").

        How can I have my machine automatically setup the eth0 interface
after the 3c562 card is inserted into the slot? What file I need to edit?

        Please email to me or follow up this thread. Thanks a lot.

N.B. As an extra note, I can manual make the 3c562 card network connection
works by explicitly setting the "ifconfig eth0" and "route"

Ricci Ieong

1. Configuration of PCMCIA 3c562 card in Linux

Hello All,

        I would like to ask a question on how to configure my PCMCIA 3c562
card in red hat linux v4.2.

        I have already installed the cardmgr. From "cardctl config", I
noticed that my card is properly installed. Therefore, everything should
be alright. However, I can't find the network.opts file in /etc/pcmcia
directory. Besides, I also found that the interface eth0 is not installed
(as listed from "ifconfig -a").

        How can I have my machine automatically setup the eth0 interface
after the 3c562 card is inserted into the slot? What file I need to edit?

        Please email to me or follow up this thread. Thanks a lot.

N.B. As an extra note, I can manual make the 3c562 card network connection
works by explicitly setting the "ifconfig eth0" and "route"

Ricci Ieong

2. "No Disks that meet the criteria in the solaris installer"

3. Problems setting LJ 3P up

4. 3Com 3C562/563D PCMCIA Network/Modem Card and Slackware 8 - HOW?!

5. Deltec UPS control s/w

6. Red Hat Linux & 3Com 3C562 PCMCIA NIC/modem?

7. FreeBSD and DHCP

8. PPP and 3COM 3C562 (PCMCIA)

9. PCMCIA 3c562: Do drivers exist?

10. 3C562 Network/Modem PCMCIA Adapter and RH 6.0

11. 3Com 3C562 pcmcia combo ether/modem pccard

12. 3Com 3C562 PCMCIA eth+modem support?