How do I Upgrade/Install the new libc.so.6 ......Caldera 1.3

How do I Upgrade/Install the new libc.so.6 ......Caldera 1.3

Post by Michael Fagai » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

How do I Upgrade / Install libc.so.6 & other similar libs??
Being that they don't have an rpm or tar.gz file  ending .... what are
they?? I've tried copying them from my RH 5.1 CD into the /lib dir to
no avail.....
I really would like to install some software that deps on these
libs.... like sirc & sproket.

Thanks for your help in advance

Michael

How do I Upgrade/Install the new libc.so.6 ......Caldera 1.3

Post by Eric Pott » Tue, 20 Oct 1998 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Michael Fagains enlightened this group thus:

Quote:> How do I Upgrade / Install libc.so.6 & other similar libs??
> Being that they don't have an rpm or tar.gz file  ending .... what are
> they?? I've tried copying them from my RH 5.1 CD into the /lib dir to
> no avail.....
> I really would like to install some software that deps on these
> libs.... like sirc & sproket.

There are different ways to do it.  You need to read the glibc-HOWTO.
http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP
--

 *^  / \  \   |  \       When replying to me,  remove the NOSPAM
 / \/   \  \__|   \      from my address.

1. Caldera 1.3 and Libc problems

Hi..

Just wondering if anyone has had the similar experience as me recently
with Caldera 1.3 distribution.

I am a RedHat user and have never had a problem with that distribution,
but recently installed Caldera 1.3 to test it out.  The problem I am
having is that any software I install on the system refuses to execute.
I have installed Netscape Communicator but when I run the executable I
simply get a message that file does not exist.

This is not the only program to not work.  i have also installed Applix
1.4.3 and the executable will not run also.

Is this a problem with the libc/glib thing?  If someone knows please let

me know how to get these programs working.

I have since installed the glibc rpm from the installation cd but the
applications still refuse to work.  Do I have to recompile them or
something?

Thanks..

p.s. I may be a newbie.. but I learn quick.

************************************
* Paul Nevin, Director NETprofile  *
* http://netprofile.com.au         *

* Ph/Fax (08) 9354 1294            *
* Mobile 0417922011 Timezone GMT+8 *
************************************

2. Newbie w/ slackware...

3. Conflicts between EGCS libstdc++ and Caldera 1.3 provided libc symbols

4. absr(awk)

5. Caldera 1.3 vs Caldera 2.3

6. Cable modem and Linux

7. How do I install /Upgrade to libc.so.6.... Caldera 1.3

8. format

9. Caldera Open Linux 1.3 Install Crash

10. Trouble installing Caldera 1.3 open linux

11. Do I need to replace My PNP modem to install Caldera 1.3 correctly

12. Help w/ install of Caldera 1.3

13. Installing Caldera OpenLinux 1.3