Problems with cd-rom

Post by zkp.. » Sun, 02 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I am having a problem getting linux to recognize my cd-rom, I bought
the book LINUX Unleashed and it has slackware 2.2.0 on it, however, by
the looks of the installation program, this book was not written for
this version. When I get to cd-rom it asked  What Type? I entered
ide/Atapi, and my cd-rom is an IDE/Atapi 4X, it asked me what I wanted
to name it and I entered a lot of different names it listed. After all
of this it starts all of this over again. What type? ...etc. I have an
ACER P75 minitower. If any one can help, please write.- thanks

1. Problems mounting CD-rom with Audio CD

Hi,
I was trying to mount CD-rom containing an audio cd, but got error
message "Wrong medium type".
The CD player works fine, and mounting data CD's is no problem. I
suspect I should use some special mounting type for audio CD (other than
iso9660), but don't know which one to use. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
-Kaiwen

2. Is there a user-friendly editor available for SCO unix?

3. SCSI problem w/ CD-ROM & CD-RW

4. thanks for TCP addressing info

5. PROBLEM: rootfs problem on cd-rom

6. Mozilla 0.8 patches for Alpha linux

7. HELP: XFree86 Problems and CD-ROM Problems!

8. FS: Xeon 1.6ghz

9. Installing Debian 2.0; problems finding CD-ROM.

10. Problems mounting CD-ROM under Redhat 5.0

11. Problem with CD-rom initiation

12. Problem with CD-ROM

13. Problem mounting CD-ROM (Newbie)