Problems with SMC Elite16 Network Card

Post by alex.. » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00

The configuration of the box is:
* P5-90 CPU with 16Mb RAM
* Adaptec 1522 SCSI Controller with 1GB HDD
* S3 VGA
* Sony CD-ROM
*SMC Elite16 Net Work Adaptor

I have tried rebuilding the Kernel by switching on the SMC netcard option without success.

Woud any knows how I can get it running.

It seems that the system is not probing the Netcard properly. I have used the "wdsetup" to reset the addresses of the SMC card with
no response. Normally one should see the net address, IRQ, port address, etc. during boot but none of that appears. I have tried
addresses 240, 300, 380 none of them worked. When I tried 'ifconfig', and there was no entry of an 'eth0'  and produced a SCIO erros.

Should I keep on trying out all the legal adresses. According to the FAQ there is only one legal address remains for further trial! Running
the wdsetup can detect the card but with a ROM CRC checksum error, what is it? Could that be the cause of the problem? or It is just
the old 'wdsetup' software, last modified in 1993!!

Please let me know what I should do next.

Thanks.

Alex Kam

1. Problems with SMC Elite16 Network Card

I am experiencing difficulties in setting up a SMC Elite16 card in my Linux Box.

[...]

2. reading pty error stream

3. Slackware 3.0 & gcc ?

4. Problems with SMC Elite16 Ethernet Card (not a newbie question)

5. PATCH: usb-ohci: interrupt out with urb->interval 0

6. Need driver for SMC Elite16 Ethernet Card

7. Need help hooking up terminals remotely

8. SMC Elite16 Ultra card

9. TCP/IP problems with SMC Elite16 and Linux 1.0.9

10. SMC Elite16 Problem

11. TCP/IP problems with SMC Elite16 and Linux 1.0.9

12. SMC Elite16 Ultra problem