Triple boot setup AFTER Win95 & Linux are installed.

Triple boot setup AFTER Win95 & Linux are installed.

Post by Jean Philippe Valoi » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 05:06:41

Hi all!

I can't see how to install QNX on my existing Win95/Linux system.
LILO currently manages my boot process, but I can't figure out how to
install QNX in a new partition.

I can easily make a FAT partition from Linux, but then, how do I tell
the QNX install procedure to install itself in that free space?

Or is there an altogether different way of going about doing this?

Thanks for any help,
Jean-Philippe Valois

P.S.  Please, if possible could you also send a reply to

Post by Dave Uhrin » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 06:50:59

> Hi all!

> I can't see how to install QNX on my existing Win95/Linux system.
> LILO currently manages my boot process, but I can't figure out how to
> install QNX in a new partition.

> I can easily make a FAT partition from Linux, but then, how do I tell
> the QNX install procedure to install itself in that free space?

> Or is there an altogether different way of going about doing this?

> Thanks for any help,
> Jean-Philippe Valois

> P.S.  Please, if possible could you also send a reply to

QNX installs nicely into your Windoze partition and provides a boot
selector when you select "dos" in lilo.

1. Triple booting: linux, win95 and dos7: The solution

  For all of you who so patiently offered assistance, I want to publicly offer
my thanks. Everything now works just fine. Tim Powers of Red Hat technical
support provided the answer, even if it took two faxes to do so.  <g>

  The solution is to use the map-drive command in the "other" stanza, not the
"loader=/boot/chain.b" command.

  Apparently, the loader command will work with those os's which do not care
where they live (such as linux). However, for those who do care (such as DOS,
Win95 and NT), the chain loader won't work. Worse, when the chain loader is used
with the map-drive phrase, it still doesn't work.

  Putting the following in lilo.conf's "other" stanza:

         map-drive=0x80
             to=0x81
         map-drive=0x81
             to=0x80

works! Now, both DOS and Win95 are on the first physical drive (c:) and are the
only os in town.

Phew!  Excelsior!!

Rich

Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D., President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247 USA
(503) 667-4517 voice | (503) 667-8863 fax

2. ISO Reverse Proxy with HTML tag URL-rewriting (Java preferred)

3. Help: Winnt+Win95+Linux triple boot!!!

4. Installing from dos partition

5. Triple Boot Win95 + WinNT + Linux -- Can it be done?

6. tomcat and static content

7. Triple boot linux,win31,win95

8. Need a Complete Security Solution

9. Help: Winnt+Win95+Linux triple boot!!!

10. triple boot and config of Win95, Linux, WinNT

11. TRiple Boot: win31, win95, Linux

12. Help with booting win95 & linux after install

13. Triple boot (windows & linux)